Today is a Friday....
- I gave a T-shirt to a 6 year old boy who only owned a sweatshirt. It was 95 degrees and not getting any cooler. His mother is in Germany. His father is a good dad, but a bit overwhelmed.
- I gave a bandaid to an 11 year old girl whose only pair of shoes were rubbing a hole in her foot. I didn't have shoes to give.
- I gave family pictures that Lauren took to lots and lots of families. One woman was going to send the picture to her mom in Afghanistan.
- I gave a map I printed from the internet to a 12 year girl refugee who wanted to know where she was, where Afghanistan was and where Germany was (her friend left last week to Germany).
- I gave kisses to a 4 month old baby.
- I gave Skype time on our home computer to a refugee who hadn't seen his mother or other family members for 3 years.
- I gave 2 DVDs to Donna that Lauren and Nicole carried from America. There are of the new CCCI film, Mary Magdalene in the languages of the middle east.
- I gave the good-bye book for the McCrackens to Ilir to give to the McCrackens when he takes them to the airport on Monday. It seems unbelievable that they are really leaving Greece and moving back to the US after nearly 20 years.
- I gave Cheerios and raisins to a 1 year old refugee boy who was hungry and crabby from getting his shots that morning...and to everyone else in my room who wanted to share his snack.
- We gave fruit that a church in northern Greece donated to families...plum, apricots and cherries.
No comments:
Post a Comment